PASTLIFE's Mumble Server
All visitors to this web-server agree to the Terms and Conditions of use.
- The server is based in America, and respects your First Ammendment Rights! With that said, the public areas of the server are still subject to rules that PASTLIFE has carefully decided and put into motion. These are listed here.
- The server is English Language Only!
- The server is not intended for anyone under the age of 18.
- There is no tolerance for childish language or any subject matter regarding the manipulation or abuse of children in any way. Even attempts at humor surrounding this subject will result in a permanent ban from the server.
- Respect other users at all times in channels or other areas that do not require special membership! This means that unreasonable racial slurs, profanity, adult content, evil or wrong-doings, and any other actions that interfere with another’s enjoyment of this server will result in an immediate ban from the server.
- No spamming or solicitation of any kind! We have a zero tolerance policy regarding spamming. If you are caught doing it, you will be banned from all public servers on our network.
- Do not idle while away from keyboard! There are a limited number of slots, so please be considerate when you are away from your keyboard. This will allow others to connect.
- Abide by Natural Law and the Non-Aggression Principal
What is Mumble?
Mumble is a Voice-Over-IP and chat application. I maintain my own private and public Mumble servers. Mumble is TLS encrypted and VOIP via OCB-AES ( read @ UCDavis here. ) but both channels are only server-client as opposed to end-to-end, i.e. the server (operator) has in principle access to all clear text and voice running through the server. So I host my own server here.
It is an Open Source, low-latency and high-quality voice-chat program. There are two modules that make up Mumble; the client (mumble) and the server (murmur).
The client works on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and macOS, while the server should work on anything Qt can be installed on.
How to get started:
First, get the Mumble client here.
Install it and start Mumble client
To connect manually:
Select Server > Connect ...
Select Add New...
Enter chat.pastlife.works for Address
Port is 64738
Have fun chatting!
© PastLife of Pleiades 2022